Important things to know
Every kid needs a Dental Home.
What is a “dental home”? It’s is a dental office to which you bring your child at least twice a year for check-ups and any treatment that he or she may require. We recommend you start as soon as your child is 12 months old.
Why so soon? Because dental and developmental problems can begin early. And it’s best to deal with them as soon as possible. In fact, many problems can be avoided entirely by proper preventative care.
Why a “dental home” and not just any dentist? Because consistency counts. When you go to the same practice every time, the dentist will know your child and his or her history. This is important in helping to prevent problems and ensure excellent oral health.
Thousands of families have made A Tooth Doctor for Kids their dental home. The quality of care we provide is one reason. Another reason is that we are a practice just for kids. The dentists here really know how to make kids feel comfortable and cared for.
What will you get when you make A Tooth Doctor for Kids your child’s dental home? Here are a few specifics:
- Thorough and accurate exams. We look for every kind of trouble.
- A preventative dental health program based on your child’s particular needs.
- Advice on everything from teething issues to orthodontics.
- Restorative and surgical dental care if it’s ever required.
- Education on nutrition, care of teeth, and injury prevention.
- Referrals to specialists, if needed.
Dental health can have a major impact on a child’s overall health. Helping your child avoid dental problems is one of the best gifts you can give to him or her.
In the section below, you can learn more about the kinds of things that can go wrong—especially if your child is not getting regular dental care.